Overview: Working primarily under the direction of the Executive Director, and the support of the Hospitality Director, the Housekeeping Director manages the housekeeping and janitorial needs of the entire ministry. This year-round, permanent position is a vital member of our tema serving our guests and the ministry as a whole. It is essential for this person to be a team-player with a heart for service. This position will be cross-trained in other areas of work (i.e. kitchen, maintenance), and will be asked to appreciate and support all facets of the organization.
- Develop and implement training procedures for new and seasonal support staff. Also, develop and implement training for current support staff to maintain the level of cleanliness our guests expect.
- Develop and implement a monthly schedule for the housekeeping staff, keeping in mind the needs of facility and the time allowed for the turnover to the next guest group.
- Establish and maintain an inventory of cleaning products, linens, and all other materials needed for housekeeping efforts. Work with Hospitality Director to order and maintain an acceptable level of products and materials, keeping each facility separate from one another for proper accounting records. Seek and pass along any needed training on any potentially hazardous materials the department may come into contact with.
- Establish and maintain cleaning procedures for all facilities, including but not limited to:
- Sweeping, vacuuming, carpet shampooing, and mopping of floor surfaces.
- Cleaning of all mirrors, windows, and other glass surfaces.
- Dusting and cleaning of all table and counter surfaces.
- Linen cleaning and other laundry operations.
- Trash removal and receptacle cleanliness.
- Timing and procedure of any "deep" cleaning items in the facilities.
- Work with Facilities Director to maintain facilities, informing them of or perfroming light mantenance items including, but not limited to:
- Changing light bulbs.
- Setting and adjusting heating and cooling controls.
- Checking operation of appliances, making sure they are set correctly, if applicable.
- Checking of emergency and exit lighting.
- Making known any significant maintenance issues.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Attend special events for Mt. Morris.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Desired Qualitifications: Although we have a desire to place an experienced candidate in this position, we value the intangible qualities at or above many of these qualifications. Therefore, we are willing to train a candiate we feel will be a wonderful team-player with whom our guests and staff will benefit from joining this ministry. Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to often work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the facilities. This can include some weekends and holidays. (This in a requirement and those not able to be flexible will be disqualified from the position.)
- Experience in housekeeping in a service based setting (i.e. motel/hotel, conference center, etc.).
- Supervisory experience, including training of staff and scheduling.
- Light maintenance and janitorial experience.
- Inventory and product ordering experience.
- Commerical laundry experience.
- Occasionally may need to lift up to 40lbs., often will need to lift up to 20lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to bend, stoop, carry and reach.
- Must have essential physical and mental capablities in the following areas: Interpersonal skills, memory, attention to detail, ability to follow directions, comprehension, calculating, reading, writing, speaking, evaluating, mathmatics, organizing and innovation.
- Must be able to work outdoors to complete some cleaning tasks.
- Must be pleasant and service-oriented with guests, vistitors and staff.
- Appreciation and understanding that this is a faith based facility, and certain conduct requirements will apply.
Interested applicants can email their completed application to email@example.com. Pay is dependant upon experience.